Project Architect 5+ Years
3-5 days negotiable
Remuneration negotiable in accordance with experience and market rates
Position available for immediate start
We are a young, award-winning Melbourne architecture practice formed in the pursuit to create simple, meaningful and authentic architecture, specialising in both inner-city and rural residential.
We believe in design that finds a balance between form and function, architecture that responds to its environment with an emphasis on the users’ experience and ease of living, as opposed to arbitrary shape making.
With a strong pipeline of continuous work over the last few years since our establishment in 2014, we are now very excited to be in a position to expand our team to include a full-time project architect. Working with us, you'll be part of a small, supportive, passionate and highly focused team, working alongside other creative companies in a modern co-working space in the heart of Collingwood’s creative district: close to cafes, bars, galleries, and fashion stores, with public transport only meters from our doorstep.
Your Role and Responsibilities
You will be a project architect with broad level experience (5+ years) working across design, documentation, contract administration and project management with strong experience in the typologies of residential/multi-residential or hotels preferred. Ideally, you would have developed diverse skills having previously worked within a small practice, and feel confident leading and running projects on your own.
Your Qualifications and Competencies
- Degree in Architecture with registration preferred
- 5+ years' experience, with local and small practice experience considered favourable
- Advanced skills in REVIT, AutoCAD, SketchUP, Adobe Creative Suite as well as good old-fashioned hand drawing skills
- Experience leading projects from inception to completion
- Strong technical experience working across the different phases of design and construction
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Highly organised and systematic with task management
- High level of initiative with reporting and decision making
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and manage deadlines under pressure
- Well presented with a proactive, approachable and sociable personality
Interesting in applying?
Submit your confidential application via email to email@example.com including:
- 1 page cover letter
- Resume max 3 pages
- Portfolio of work max 10 pages A3